Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Parker Alan


Was born February 27,2011 at 5:58 pm, weighing 8lbs 10 oz 20 1/2 inches long. A very healthy boy!
The day before (Saturday ) I hadn't felt all that good but just figured I was tired from the long and busy week. Unknown to me I started having contractions late afternoon but by 8 or so I was like these have got to be contractions ( they felt like cramps). So I sent my wonderful SIL a text asking her what they felt like. She called me and we talked for awhile and she asked that I keep her informed and if I had any other questions I could always call up to the hospital. I started to keep track of them but was sure they would end and that it was just false labor! I tried going to bed around 10 but couldn't get comfortable, I even took a hot shower thinking that would help relax me but to no prevail. By midnight the contractions were 10-20 mins apart every couple of minutes. I finally went to the living room so I wouldnt keep sid up. The contractions were not going away but I still thought this could still be false labor and I was not going to the hospital just to be sent home! Around 2:30-3:00 my contractions were between 5-8 mins apart every min or so and at one point I thought this is it but then changed my mind. Im telling you I was determined to make sure this was the real deal haha,but around 5:45 I went in and woke sid up and said I think its time. He got up and I finished packing my bag. We got to the hospital and checked in at 6:00 am the nurse checked me and I was only a 1 and 80% efaced I thought to myself oh great that's it! So the nurse had me walk around for awhile to see if it would help get things moving along at one point I even told her I was not going home and was going to have this baby lol. She laughed and told me that it could be a very long day and I said I didn't care! The doctor came in somewhere between 8 and 9 to check. Me and I was pretty much the same but he went ahead and broke my water. Once that happened...WOW were those contractions more intense. The nurse asked if I still wanted to do this drug free and I was like yes but I don't even think it was five minutes when I told sid get the nurse I want drugs and mind u the pitocin hadn't even been hooked up to me yet...haha! So I didn't do drug free like I kept saying I wanted to but instead got the epidural and man was it wonderful! I couldn't feel a thing not a thing at all and it was great! :) After church I had several visitors...rick and candi,joel and elizabeth,mindy mg and lil a man and misty and ny! Both mindy,misty and the kiddos stayed and kept us company. Loved having them there for their love and support. The day progressed and around 4 or a lil after not really sure I was ready to push. At this time I totally lose track of all sense of time but I was told I pushed for 25-45 mins with no prevail...I was using the oxygen and was tired. Pushing is a lot of work...finally the doctor called for a c-section and things started happening fast(I was running a high fever and the babys heartbeat went up a time or two). Going into the OR was pretty scary...I was having a major surgery and I had never had surgery before but I had a great anesthesiologist who really helped me calm down! The next thing I remember is this little cry and them bringing my baby over to me and I just kissed him and told him momma loved him so very much!
So that is my birth story!

No comments: