Monday, June 15, 2009

Camp



First I want to say that I'm exhausted but it was well worth it! I loved every minute of camp and I have a love for all the teens especially the girls that I never thought I'd have especially in such a short period of time!
Sid and I drove the van with the JR & SR High boys. They cracked me up and I even told them that I think they talk more than the girls! They didn't believe me but its true, it was never silent on the way to camp nor on the way home. LOL
We left for Silver State Baptist Youth Camp Sunday June 7th and got there around 9:30. The weather was nice, a tad cold but nothing a hoody and blanket couldn't take care of. The speakers were all amazing, at the hillside services we had Bro. Wes Stevens from Perryton, TX and Bro. Joel Travis missionary to Nepal. Then Bro. Bill Marshall did the chapel and evening services. What extraordinary men they all are. All the messages were huge blessings to me and I know it was just what the young people and adults alike needed to hear.

Camp this year was much different for me. One reason is because it had been 7 years since I've been and second it was the first year for me to go with a different role as a counselor. What a huge blessing it was for me to be there for our young people. I was able to see how they really want change in their lives and we've all told them that it isn't going to be easy and that Satan is going to be doing his best to attack and tear us all down but we're here for them and praying for them. Our young people have great potential and I just know that God is going to use each and everyone of them.

I'm going to end by adding some pictures. So enjoy!








1 comment:

mindy said...

wonderful, I love church camp!!